We use cookies to improve your experience on this site. By viewing our pages, you give us consent to use cookies. Find out more.

Bookbarn International Group


  • £2,500,781
    valuation pre-money
Register Your Interest
Bookbarn International Group Ltd is one of the largest sellers of second-hand, pre-loved, and antiquarian books, selling both online and offline worldwide. They have a B2C and B2B business model, and 80% of the revenue is generated through online activity, while the remaining 20% comes from the shops, the cafe, and the wholesale business. The company sells books globally through 20 e-commerce portals, and their largest markets are in the UK and US, and over 40% of sales are exported. In the last 12 months, BBIG has sold 196,137 books online and a further 145,644 through BBIG’s two shops plus 45 pallets (roughly 1,000 books each) of wholesale books for the Books by the Yard operation. The investment amount will be deployed as expansion finance on software and systems development, marketing, sales, and profit growth through franchising and further aggregation.

Bookbarn International Group Rating Review

Rated on 27/11/2020

Pitch Rated

83%

Gold

Management

87%

Product

87%

Investment

75%

Pitch rating powered by CROWDRATING

What the ratings mean

  • 49% and under
    We suggest potential investors carry out further study of their own
    50-64%
    Room for improvement
    65-79%
    Worth considering
    80%+
    Gold rating, our highest rating

RISK WARNING - The ratings are based on the information provided in the fund raiser’s pitch deck, business plans and financial forecasts which have appeared on a FCA regulated crowdfunding site. Where possible we validate the business plan to public sources such as LinkedIn, Companies House, Credit Agencies and internet searches. We cannot guarantee the information is correct. The ratings report takes no account of the investors/ individual circumstances. Do your own due diligence and get professional advice before investing. Your capital is at risk when investing in private companies.

Login to view the full report

Management 87%

Skills 82%
They have a dedicated and close-knit team of professionals from all walks of life who are passionate about books and happy to help customers. The team has considerable knowledge of both the global online book market and the nuances of pricing, cataloguing, and fulfilment on a large scale. The CEO is a senior executive with expertise in publishing, bookselling, digital strategy, e-commerce, marketing, and business development. The Chairman/Director is an entrepreneur and non-fiction book publisher, writer, poet, and public speaker who is skilled in the book trade, from writing to editing, publishing, marketing, wholesaling, and retailing. He has published 3 books of poems and 2 non-fiction books and speaks at seminars, conferences, and conventions. The Operation Manager, who was recently promoted to General Manager, has gained expertise in team leadership, business objectives, strategy planning, and many other aspects of management. He has a keen interest in graphic design, sound system engineering, and woodwork. The Sales and Marketing Coordinator manages the physical shops and social media as she has expertise in Creative Content Creation, Content Production, and Social Media Marketing. It is noted that their accounting and finance roles are outsourced to a chartered accountant and a corporate lawyer who provides a full range of accountancy, taxation, business consultancy, and audit services.

Register Your Interest in Bookbarn International Group

£


  • Internet Business Awards Category Award Winner 2015
  • Hertfordshire Business Awards Finalist 2014

As seen in:

  • The Guardian
  • Financial Times
  • Yahoo! Finance
  • The Times
  • The Daily Telegraph